Volunteer Mentor Job Description
Mentor Responsibilities to Denver Kids:
1. Commit to being a mentor to a Denver Kids student for a minimum of one year.
2. Spend time—a minimum of 2-hours per visit—with your mentee at least twice per month, and stay in contact by phone or email throughout the month.
3. Communicate at least once a month with your mentee’s Educational Counselor.
4. Attend a minimum of two mentor enrichment trainings (in addition to the required New Mentor Training) during the calendar year, keeping in mind that mentor matches tend to last longer the more training a mentor receives.
5. Submit record (Contact Log) of all volunteer hours and activities using the Denver Kids provided platform. Additional instructions wil be provided at the mentor orientation and training event.
6. Submit proof of auto insurance at time of interview.
7. Attend some of the special activities planned exclusively for mentors and mentees.
8. Remember your mentee’s birthday, as well as other special occasions, with a card or other small remembrance.
9. Notify the Manager of Volunteer Mentor Program and your mentee’s Educational Counselor with any changes to your contact information.
Denver Kids Responsibilities to the Mentor:
1. Remain in close touch with the mentor to provide support and information.
2. Provide engagement activities and events for mentors and mentees.
3. Provide information about group events and activities, with as much advance notice as possible.
4. Serve as the liaison between the mentor and their mentee’s family.
5. Provide regular feedback on the mentor’s performance, and, upon request, share a volunteer letter of reference.