Frequently Asked Questions | Third Party Events
I want to host a fundraiser, what should I do next?
After you have reviewed the above guidelines, please complete our Host Your Own Event form designed to provide more information about the type of fundraiser/event you are interested in planning. Please submit the completed form prior to planning your event. Once your application has been submitted, we will review it and notify you of any questions/concerns/approval. Thank you again for considering Denver Kids as the beneficiary of your event!
I want to organize a fundraiser for Denver Kids but I’m not sure what to do.
Listed below are some ideas of the many ways that you can help raise funds and awareness for Denver Kids. This list is by no means exhaustive; let your creativity guide you!
- Collect Donations: Set up a fundraising page on ColoradoGives.org to collect donations in support of your 5k, triathlon, bike race, etc! Or, host a Facebook fundraiser for your birthday.
- Host a fundraiser: Host a Benefit Concert or a 5K, have a bake sale, a car wash or donate a percentage of a designated night’s profits, be creative!
- Designate Denver Kids as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds.
What can Denver Kids do to help with my fundraiser?
Listed below are ways Denver Kids can help with your fundraiser:
- Provide consultation on fundraisers and events
- Provide and approve use of our logo, provided certain criteria are met
- Provide you with approved Denver Kids language to help you promote our organization for your event
- Promote your event on the Denver Kids website and social media pages
- Coordinate check presentations
- Provide you with branded materials, while supplies last
We are here to support you. However, there are some services we are unable to provide, including:
- Event insurance or liability coverage
- Mailing list of donors and/or vendors
- Denver Kids, Inc. stationary
- Funding or reimbursement of your expenses
- Publicity (e.g. newspaper, radio, television)
- Guaranteed attendance of Denver Kids staff
- Guaranteed volunteers to help staff your event
I want to create a fundraising page to benefit Denver Kids. What do I do?
Reach out to Kelsey Grayson at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can assist and provide instructions.