Future-focused conversations happen the instant a student is matched with a Denver Kids Educational Counselor, empowering them to create a path toward success. This approach helps ensure that all eligible high school seniors in our program apply to college or have a formal post-secondary plan in place upon graduation. Post-secondary options include two and four-year degrees, vocational programs, and programs offering certificate degrees.
Future Options introduces students to the possibility of post-secondary education through:
- College campus tours
- One-on-one scholarship, financial aid, and college guidance counseling
- College application assistance
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Interview skills workshops
- Educating parents on the importance of college and how to navigate the process
The Future Options Program also helps students prepare for the college application process through high school course selection, support and encouragement to participate in extracurricular activities, and standardized testing guidance.
For more information on the Future Options program, contact Cristina Chacon at firstname.lastname@example.org.