Careers & Internships
Thank you for your interest in joining the Denver Kids team! Below is a list of our current opportunities.
Become valuable member of a non-profit fundraising and database management team!
Department: Development (Fundraising)
An internship with the Denver Kids Development Team provides the opportunity for hands-on learning and work experience with a leading local educational/youth development nonprofit organization. As an intern, you will work closely with the Development Department to provide support in all aspects of development while gaining exposure to:
- Assist Development Department in the planning and execution of fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Researching and soliciting in-kind donations relevant to event needs
- Tracking event RSVP and attendance lists
- Creating personalized online fundraising pages for event participants
- Assisting with the ordering, coordinating, and assembling day-of event materials
- Participate in implementing day-of event logistics
- *Intern must be available to support Denver Kids’ largest annual fundraiser: Annual Breakfast Gala on May 1, 2019, 6:30-9:00am
- Maintaining and improving the Denver Kids electronic donor database in DonorPerfect Online
- Data entry and maintenance
- Managing database reporting for analysis and donor recognition
- Tracking fundraising event participation and donations
Development Department Support:
- Supporting cultivation efforts and learning to establish strong relationships with donors
- Researching funding opportunities
- Opportunity to learn functionality of nonprofit departments including programs, finance, and marketing
- Additional potential development/fundraising tasks as needed
Hours range from 8 to 16 hours/week, flexible within Monday-Friday schedule, with some possible weekend opportunities. We are seeking interns January 2019 through May 2019, though interns are welcome to apply on a rolling basis. This unpaid internship opportunity is flexible depending on candidate needs and will be open until filled. Parking and/or public transit expenses will be reimbursed up to $70 per month at the downtown office. Once trained, opportunity to work from home is negotiable.
All internships are part-time with no financial compensation, but are a learning opportunity. Academic credit is available. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Kelsey_Grayson@dpsk12.org.
Social Media Internship
Department: Marketing & Programs
Job Description: The Social Media Intern at Denver Kids will work cross-functionally with our programs and marketing communications departments and will be responsible for portraying the Denver Kids brand voice online. You will have a unique opportunity to capture photos and stories from the Denver Kids community of students, parents, supporters, mentors, and Educational Counselors by attending student engagement events and conducting interviews. Additional responsibilities include posting and sharing content to social media platforms, and, as needed, responding to social media posts. Our goal is to grow and engage our audience. Gain hands-on experience in brand management, social media management and monitoring tools, content curation techniques, and content strategy.
In this role, you’ll also be help create, prepare and attend various program events for our students and their families. Expand your network by learning partnership and event planning skills. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, a story teller and someone who loves meeting and engaging with new people.
- Must be enrolled and in pursuit of a bachelor or graduate degree (preferrably in marketing, public relations, communications, or journalism) and a current class standing of junior or above (undergrad) or a graduate student
- General knowledge and curiosity for social media marketing trends
- An understanding of social media principles
- Experience or familiarity with design programs is a plus
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Denver Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color and individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
*All internships are part-time with no financial compensation, but are a learning opportunity. Academic credit is available.