Join Our Young Professionals Council
Membership on the Young Professionals Council (YPC) provides an opportunity to develop new skills and widen your professional and social circles — all while serving Denver Kids and our efforts to help students facing adversity graduate high school and transition into college and careers. YPC introduces young professionals to the program and initiatives of Denver Kids through volunteer opportunities, social gatherings, fundraising events, and philanthropic support.
The Young Professionals Council is accepting applications for the 2018-19 Council. We are seeking motivated, passionate, and fun individuals to join us.
- May 18: Applications Due
- June 28: New Member Orientation, 6 p.m.
- July 13: First Meeting of 2018-19 Council
Click here to access the YPC Application, along with information about Structure & Expectations, and Committee Roles.
Questions? Contact the YPC Membership Committee at YPC@denverkidsinc.org.
YPC Members are Expected to:
- Serve a one-year term (June to July)
- Serve as a Denver Kids ambassador
- Contribute to the planning and execution of the YPC annual signature fundraiser, and additional events throughout the year
- Give or Get fundraising goal of $750/year
- Pay an annual membership fee of $150
YPC Member Benefits:
- Connect and network with other like-minded young professionals who care about education and solving the dropout crisis in our community
- Learn the fundamentals of operating on a board
- Cultivate new skills
- Support the Denver Kids mission in meaningful ways
- Learn about the issues facing Denver Public Schools students of higher risk environments