Become a Mentor
Students in our program benefit greatly from caring adults whom they can turn to for guidance and support. Denver Kids mentors serve as positive role models and a source of consistency in our students’ lives. As a mentor to a Denver Kids student, look forward to sharing new and diverse experiences with your mentee while making a life-changing difference. In fact, when children of higher risk environments have the support of an adult mentor:
• 52% are less likely than their peers to skip a day of school
• 55% are more likely to be enrolled in college
• 46% are less likely than their peers to start using drugs
• 81% are more likely to report participating regularly in sports or extracurricular activities
• 78% are more likely to volunteer regularly in their communities
If you’ve considered becoming a mentor, we hope you’ll choose this moment to make your mark! Your relationship with a student can help them navigate new experiences, empower them to reach for their dreams, and transform their futures.
There are lots of ways to engage with your mentee. Activities may include movies, concerts, plays, ball games, museums, and campus visits. Or sometimes, it might just involve hanging out and talking. Whatever you do, the experience is sure to be rewarding.
Denver Kids volunteer mentors are matched with DPS students in our program, grades K-12, for a minimum of one year.
For more information about our mentoring program, please contact Audrey Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY TO BECOME A MENTOR
View the Denver Kids Volunteer Mentor Job Description