Careers & Internships
Development Internship – Become a Non-Profit Special Events and Database Management Pro!
Department: Development Fundraising
An internship with the Denver Kids Development Team provides the opportunity for hands-on learning and work experience with a leading local educational/youth development nonprofit organization. As an intern, you will work closely with the Development Department to provide support in all aspects of development while gaining exposure to:
- Assist Development Department in the planning and execution of major fundraising events in spring 2018
- Researching and soliciting in-kind donations relevant to event needs
- Tracking event RSVP and attendance lists
- Creating personalized online fundraising pages for event participants
- Assisting with the ordering, coordinating, and assembling day-of event materials
- Participate in implementing day-of event logistics
- Maintaining and improving the Denver Kids electronic donor database in DonorPerfect Online
- Data entry and maintenance
- Managing database reporting for analysis and donor recognition
- Integrating reports on major giving to form effective fundraising strategies
- Tracking fundraising event participation and donations
Development Department Support:
- Supporting cultivation efforts and learning to establish strong relationships with donors
- Researching funding opportunities
- Opportunity to learn functionality of nonprofit departments including programs, finance, and marketing
- Additional potential development/fundraising tasks as needed
Up to 16 hours/week flexible within Monday-Friday schedule, with some possible weekend opportunities. We are seeking interns January 2018 through May 2018, with potential to extend. This unpaid internship opportunity is flexible depending on candidate needs and will be open until filled. Parking and/or public transit expenses will be reimbursed up to $70 per month at the downtown office. Once trained, opportunity to work from home is negotiable.
All internships are part-time with no financial compensation, but are a learning opportunity. Academic credit is available.
Denver Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color and individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.