Student Engagement Internship Program – Summer
Denver Kids Inc. – Every student counts. Every student graduates. This is the vision of our organization and the focus of our work every day. We provide educational counseling and one-on-one mentoring support to Denver Public School students, grades K-12, who face the personal challenges of high risk environments, to successfully complete high school, explore post-secondary options and become contributing members of the community.
What We Are Seeking: Denver Kids, Inc. is looking for energetic and education-focused summer interns to help strengthen our connection with students throughout the summer months. This role is designed to provide additional support to our educational counselors through enrichment services activities that ensure every student is given opportunities to learn and develop during the summer.
- Effectively engage students to participate in Denver Kids, Inc. summer programs & activities
- Collaborate to create weekly events, activities, and outings for K-12 students
- Interact and engage with K-12 students at planned events.
- Communicate via phone with students and parents to invite students to activities and programs
- Responsible for transporting small groups of students and participating in daily activities with our students to keep them engaged in relationship and learning throughout the summer
- Communicate with students who are participating in summer camp opportunities to remind them of dates/forms needed, etc.
- Complete casenotes based on interactions with students and parents on a weekly basis
- Continue and contribute to the Social Emotional Learning of our students.
- Potentially attend overnight camp(s) with students
- Have Fun!
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Bilingual language ability (English and Spanish) preferred
- Safely transport students to and from Denver Kids, Inc. events and activities
- Current valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle for transportation
- Current auto insurance with minimum $100K/$300K/$100K and $5K in medical coverage
- Use of Personal Smart phone – stipend will be provided
- Must pass background screening (Federal, local and driving)
- May be required to participate in overnight camp experiences with student groups
- Energetic and go with the flow attitude!
What You Can Expect:
- To be part of a dynamic team committed to the Core Values of this organization: Courage to Excel, Integrity, Lifelong Learning, and Partnership; as well as an ongoing desire to be made stronger by our inclusiveness and diversity initiatives
- 20-30 hours/week (June-July)
- All internships are part-time with no financial compensation, but are a learning opportunity. Academic credit is available.
No phone calls or mail submissions please.
Denver Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color and individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.