Careers & Internships
Thank you for your interest in joining the Denver Kids team! Below is a list of our current opportunities.
Director of Finance
Job Title: Director of Finance
Job Classification: Part Time
Department: General Administration, Finance
Reports to: CEO
Hours: 20 hours/week
Compensation & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Director of Finance is responsible for all aspects of accounting. This position requires a strongly motivated and high-functioning individual who can: multi-task, display accountability to self and peers, and provide creativity and resourcefulness.
- Process all accounting transactions
- Prepare monthly financial statements and external financial reporting
- Prepare, track, forecast, and manage the organization’s budget, including trend analysis
- Prepare multi-year financial projections, as needed, for operating and strategic planning
- Monitor financial results in relation to budget, including revenue activity and functional expense tracking
- Identify existing and emerging financial issues for DKI
- Act as the staff liaison to the BOD Finance/ Audit Committee
- Provide information regarding the organization’s financial health for all stakeholders, including staff, Board of Directors, donors and volunteers
- Manage cash flow to ensure the financial stability of the organization
- Manage grant accounting requirements to ensure compliance
- Prepare and implement finance policies and procedures, to include risk management and internal controls
- Manage annual external audit process
- Monitor endowment portfolio of investments and banking practices and to ensure compliance with the terms of the endowment in conjunction with the Finance/ Audit Committee
- Responsible for selecting, maintaining, and evaluating the financial accounting system
- Reconcile all GL accounts and make any adjusting journal entries as necessary
- Manage the company wide liability insurance
- Responsible for regulatory reporting of the organization
- At least 5 years of experience managing accounting functions with a budget of $2M or higher
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management or other related field
- Non-profit experience
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) & accounting software (preferably Blackbaud Financial Edge)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills
- Commitment to education and work with at-risk youth
- Familiarity with financial investments and assets management
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please submit your resume, application, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or mail submissions. The position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified.
Denver Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color and individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Social Media Internship
Department: Marketing & Programs
Job Description: The Social Media Intern at Denver Kids will work cross-functionally with our programs and marketing communications departments and will be responsible for portraying the Denver Kids brand voice online. You will have a unique opportunity to capture photos and stories from the Denver Kids community of students, parents, supporters, mentors, and Educational Counselors by attending student engagement events and conducting interviews. Additional responsibilities include posting and sharing content to social media platforms, and, as needed, responding to social media posts. Our goal is to grow and engage our audience. Gain hands-on experience in brand management, social media management and monitoring tools, content curation techniques, and content strategy.
In this role, you’ll also be help create, prepare and attend various program events for our students and their families. Expand your network by learning partnership and event planning skills. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, a story teller and someone who loves meeting and engaging with new people.
- Must be enrolled and in pursuit of a bachelor or graduate degree (preferrably in marketing, public relations, communications, or journalism) and a current class standing of junior or above (undergrad) or a graduate student
- General knowledge and curiosity for social media marketing trends
- An understanding of social media principles
- Experience or familiarity with design programs is a plus
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Denver Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and developing an inclusive staff team. People of color and individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
*All internships are part-time with no financial compensation, but are a learning opportunity. Academic credit is available.