Job Title: Development Intern
Job Classification: Internship
Reports to: Senior Development Officer
Hours: Up to 25 hours/week flexible within Monday-Friday schedule
Benefits: No benefits
Start Date: September 15, 2016 through May 31, 2017/or continuous depending on candidate needs
Position Summary: The Development Intern will assist Development staff with administrative duties and activities of the Development Department including fundraising, donor stewardship, and database management.
- Assist with data entry of donor records, gifts, and interactions
- Assist with gift acknowledgment process, as directed.
- Provide research support to development team
- Review Prepare requested packets and other materials for donor visits, presentations and meetings
- Review previous DKI grant research by consultants and others, as well as Colorado Grants Guide to compile prospect list of approximately 25 smaller foundations to which DKI can apply.
- Develop excel spread sheet of submission due dates and requirements.
- Support staff in execution of November celebration and cultivation event
- Provide a research support to development team
- Meet any other goals as determined by the Development Team and Interim COO
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and Powerpoint required
- Understanding and knowledge of the Denver metro area philanthropic climate desired
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Adeptness in social media desired
- A “can-do” enthusiastic approach to work within a high-performing, fast-paced team, while developing personally and professionally
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and maintain a flexible approach
- Motivated by the program’s high potential for widespread impact on education reform
- Interested in a work environment that is flexible, creative, analytic, and data-driven
- Desire to learn more about Development/Fundraising, events, communications or non-profit work